China - Australia
Australia and China are partners in a fast changing world driven by increasing globalization; people mobility and the economic and strategic rise of the Asia pacific region.
Australia-China relations are characterized by strong trade bonds.
- China is Australia's largest trading partner with a two-way trading partnership of just under $175 Billion.
- China now buys $110 Billion goods and services from Australia
More recent trends show that Australian exports are now expanding well beyond the resource sector. A two-way investment relationship is also developing.
- Australia is China's sixth largest trading partner $175 Billion, fifth biggest supplier of imports $110 Billion and tenth biggest customer for exports $65 Billion.
- 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 Trade partnership growth 14.5%, $22 Billion
- 2016-2016 and 2016-2017 Export Growth 25%, $22 Billion
- 5 year Trend of 6%
Education services to China are highly regarded. Already, China is the biggest market for Australian education services.
- Education exports in the form of education related travel and royalties on education services is $28 Billion
- 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 Education Growth 15.8%, $4 Billion
- 5 year trend of 10.9%
Vocational Education is showing enormous opportunity for growth when compared to University sector earnings.
- Vocational exports $4 Billion (University exports $19 Billion)
- 2015-16 and 2016-2017 education growth 20%, $800 Million
- 5 year trend 12.2%